Thursday, November 19, 2009

first post!


my name is Jakob Van Reenen and this is my blog. Its about life as a liveaboard on my 1981 Albin 43 trawler...


Ive been living aboard for hmm let see... about a month now. I bought the boat up in the 1000 islands, ive known her all my life.. always loved the lines spent alot of time cleaning her as I was younger. John Harris was his name, a great man he was. A crazy Canadian! He bought this boat in 92' I belive, out of Boston MA... her name was "MOONSHADOW". Anyways john brought his new boat to French bay marina in Clayton, N.Y. Where I spent much of my youth growing up. He took many trips, some as far as the bahamas.. I always offered him crazy deals like dollar down dollar a week for life for the boat, i'd start paying now and continue till you pass! then when your done with it you just sign it over john! he always told me, who knows maybe you'll end up with it.


John passed away about 2 years ago now and his daughter put the boat on the market.. I went back and forth with it, sitting on it dreaming about it being mine. The deal went through, spent a few weeks preparing it for the voyage back to Rochester NY, her new home port.


anways a long story short.. John was right, the boat is now mine.. my home. thank you John. RIP


No comments:

Post a Comment